Ephesians 6:10-18 NLT
 A final word: Be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power.
 Put on all of God’s armor so that you will be able to stand firm against all strategies of the devil.
 For we are not fighting against flesh-and-blood enemies, but against evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against mighty powers in this dark world, and against evil spirits in the heavenly places.
 Therefore, put on every piece of God’s armor so you will be able to resist the enemy in the time of evil. Then after the battle you will still be standing firm.
 Stand your ground, putting on the belt of truth and the body armor of God’s righteousness.
 For shoes, put on the peace that comes from the Good News so that you will be fully prepared.
 In addition to all of these, hold up the shield of faith to stop the fiery arrows of the devil.
 Put on salvation as your helmet, and take the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.
 Pray in the Spirit at all times and on every occasion. Stay alert and be persistent in your prayers for all believers everywhere.
Reflection . . .
Armor is what protects and gives strength to those who are in battle. There are several things needed for protection and defending. We are admonished to “Be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power.”
We can do that by making use of these . . .
- Belt of Truth
- God’s Truth keeps everything in check
- It’s where the sword is kept, the body armor is secured
- Body Armor (Breastplate) of Righteousness
- God’s Righteousness (Jesus Christ) guards and protects our hearts
- Shoes of Peace
- God’s message of Peace shared with grace to everyone!
- Shield of Faith
- Faith protects us from doubts and attacks of the enemy
- Helmet of Salvation
- Salvation is knowing the One who saves us and protects from false beliefs!
- Sword of the Spirit – The Word of God
- The Sword (God’s Word) is our only concrete weapon we have to use to make advances in battle and defeat the enemy (Matt. 4:1-11 Jesus Temptation).
- Prayer is direct communication between our spirit and God’s