Psalm 1:1-6 NLT
 Oh, the joys of those who do not follow the advice of the wicked, or stand around with sinners, or join in with mockers.
 But they delight in the law of the LORD, meditating on it day and night.
 They are like trees planted along the riverbank, bearing fruit each season. Their leaves never wither, and they prosper in all they do.
 But not the wicked! They are like worthless chaff, scattered by the wind.
 They will be condemned at the time of judgment. Sinners will have no place among the godly.
 For the LORD watches over the path of the godly, but the path of the wicked leads to destruction.
Reflection . . .
This Psalm describes the two ways:
- The way of the righteous
- Delight in God’s Word
- Meditate on God’s Word day and night
- They are strong and produce fruit
- They prosper in everything
- They are blessed and watched over by the Lord
- The way of the wicked
- They are like worthless chaff
- Waver in the wind
- They will be condemned in the judgment
- They will be separated from the godly
- Their way leads to destruction
Take a few moments to review the list above, meditate on it. Ask yourself the following:
- What’s the key to following the way of the righteous?
- How am I doing when it comes to being in God’s Word?
- How can I make more time to read, meditate, study and delight in God’s Word?
Will you make more time today?