Psalm 119:169-176 NLT
 O LORD, listen to my cry; give me the discerning mind you promised.
 Listen to my prayer; rescue me as you promised.
 Let praise flow from my lips, for you have taught me your decrees.
 Let my tongue sing about your word, for all your commands are right.
 Give me a helping hand, for I have chosen to follow your commandments.
 O LORD, I have longed for your rescue, and your instructions are my delight.
 Let me live so I can praise you, and may your regulations help me.
 I have wandered away like a lost sheep; come and find me, for I have not forgotten your commands.
Reflection . . .
We have all wondered away from the Lord at times. It’s kind of the human condition to become distant when we neglect our relationships.
So, what are the things that help us cultivate a vibrant relationship with the Lord?
This section of Psalm 119 gives us some answers:
- Prayer – ask the Lord, cry out to Him for a discerning mind because it’s something He has promised us.
- Prayer – plead with the Lord for Him to rescue you from whatever it is you are facing because that too he has promised.
- Prayer – ask the Lord to put praise on your lips from His Word.
- Prayer – ask the Lord to let your mouth sing/declare His Word.
- Prayer – ask for Help!
- Prayer – tell Him the truth and that you long for His rescue and desire to delight in His Word.
- Prayer – ask the Lord for His help in living out a life of praise and honour to Him and His Word.
The Key: Pray, ask, and learn to love God’s Word!